I debated on whether to start another blog. Several years ago, I created one to help others in their job search. A few years ago, I saw bumper stickers and heard of 'I Am Second'. My wife mentioned one day about 'I Am Third' and so the wheels started rolling. This blog is in no means replicating what others have started in their 'I Am Third' blogs or websites. It all boils down to three little letters ... JOY - Jesus Others Yourself.
The words from Matthew 22:37-40 (NIV) sum it all up. Jesus replied: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."
Tough words to chew on in our world today, especially when we are hit from all angles with self gratification.
Which inspires the question, what if we just did one small deed each day and put someone else first ahead of ourselves? Wow, what a life changing experience for someone. So the journey begins. Blessings to each of you this day.
No comments:
Post a Comment